Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Like little deadly candies

All evening all I could think about was having more nightshade berries. Eating popcorn at the movies was good, but nothing like my little minifigs. And the sushi we had afterwards was okay, but it was the sweet, juicy and dangerous that my palate was craving.

When I got home I discovered a dead pidgeon by the garden. I’m sure it’s just a coincidence and had nothing to do with the fact that I have potentially poisonous fruit in my back yard. There were no marks on the pidgeon which was a bit odd—cats normally do a bit of shredding when they kill things, but this bird was completely intact. Still, it probably died of natural causes. I ate three more berries.

It was a bit hard finding ripe ones in complete darkness, but I managed to scrounge a few together. I’m hoping the fact that they were picked and eaten at night will give me even stronger superpowers. I haven’t noticed any improvement in my night vision yet, but I imagine it takes a little while to get the full effect. They may need to be eaten during a full moon too. That means I have just over two weeks to wait. There are plenty of green berries and blossoms, so there will probably still be some berries by then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home