Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Breakfast of Champions

Breakfast was a new delight this morning. Last week I was feeling down because blueberry season was over. For three glorious weeks in Nova Scotia, you can buy five pounds of blueberries for a paltry $10 at the SuperStore. Think about it. Usually you have to pay about $4 for just over a pound of frozen berries. Those three weeks are close to heaven (true heaven would involve some sort of never ending supply of fresh raspberries), and I generally go through about 15 pounds of blueberries before they disappear from the shelves.

But now I have reason to rejoice. There’s a new berry season, and it comes late. So far nightshade hasn’t surpassed either raspberries or blueberries as a topping for my shredded wheat, but it’s pretty damn close. And in a few days I should have enough to make that pie I was talking about. But I’m not going to waste it on my enemies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home